Ahead of 2023 general elections, winners have emerged from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship primaries across various states.
As winners continues to emerge in some states, several other aspirants have announced their withdrawal from the race.
Popular among them are Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe and Senator Ike Ekweremadu of Abia and Enugu state respectively.
- Among the winners in Wednesday’s primaries was Governor Umaru Fintiri of Adamawa State, who polled a total of 663 of a total of 668 votes with five others declared void.
- Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State who swept to victory in the contest polling 1,040 votes from Oyo delegates to defeat his sole opponent, Mr Hazeem Gbolarunmi, who had only two votes, with six other votes recorded as void.
- Ogun State where Segun Sowunmi, a former spokesman for the PDP presidential campaign, polled 554 votes to emerge as the winner of a parallel primary of the PDP.
- Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Titus Uba, emerged as the PDP candidate for the Benue Governorship election polling 731 votes to defeat his closest rival and the incumbent deputy governor of Benue, Benson Abounu, who scored 81 votes.
- Kwara, Abdullah Yahman emerged winner after polling 518 to beat Aliyu Ahman-Pategi who polled 31 votes.
- Taraba, Kefas Agbu, former PDP Chairman in the state polled 443 votes of the 522 accredited voters by defeating his closes rival and Speaker of the Taraba State House of Assembly, Joseph Kunini, who scored 31 votes.
- Yobe, where Sheriff Abdullahi scored 295 votes to defeat Abbagana Tata and Ali Tikau who scored 109 and 129 votes respectively. Taura-Abdullahi.
- In Nasarawa, David Ombugadu, a former member of the House of Representatives, polled 247 votes to beat Major General Nuhu Angbazo who scored 202 votes.
- Muhammad Barde emerge as the PDP candidate in Gombe State scoring 160 votes and defeating his closes rival, Jamilu Gwamna who scored 119 votes.
- In Rivers State, Siminialayi Fubara, the former Accountant-General of the state, emerged as the governorship candidate of the party with 721 votes to beat Isaac Kamalu who came second with 86 votes.
- In Delta, Speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Sheriff Oborevwori, was returned as the winner of the PDP governorship primary in the state polling 590 votes to beat 13 other aspirants in the contest.
- In Abia, a former Vice-Chancellor of Abia State University, Professor Eleazar Ikonne was announced winner of the contest.
- In Enugu, A former Commissioner for Finance in the State, Peter Mbah, was declared the winner.
- In Akwa Ibom State, former commissioner for lands and water resources, Pastor Umo Bassey scored a total of 993 votes to defeat 12 other aspirants.
- Bauchi where Barr. Ibrahim Kashim the immediate past Secretary to the State Government was reported to be the only governorship aspirant in the party’s primary election.
- In Jigawa, Mustapha Sule Lamido, son of former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, polled 829 votes to defeat former Minister of Power, Hon. Saleh Shehu Hadejia, who scored 0 votes and 3 votes declared invalid.
- Sokoto where the former Secretary to Sokoto State Government Sa-aidu Umar won the ticket by consensus following the withdrawal of Deputy Governor Muhammad Manir Dan’Iya, former commissioner of environment Sagir Bafarawa, PDP chairman Aliyu Bello Goronyo and former Deputy Governor Murthar Shagari.
- In Zamfara, Dauda Lawal has emerged as the People Democratic party PDP Governorship candidate defeating Shuaibu Nakwanda while the former Deputy Governor, Mahdi Aliyu Gusau, withdrew from race before the election.
- In Lagos, the converner of Lagos4Lagos Movement, Dr Olajide Adediran (Jandor) clinched the party’s ticket with 679 votes to defeat his contender, Mr David Vaughan who polled 20 votes.
- Kaduna, Hon. Isah Mohammed Ashiru Kudan won the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ticket scoring 414 to defeat Sani Sidi with 260, Ramalan Yero with 28, Sani Abbas 15, Haruna Saeed 11 and Shehu Sani with 2, invalid votes 30.