…upgrades bureau of Local Government Affairs to a full Ministry!
Having been cleared by the Imo State House of Assembly (IMHA), the Commissioner-nominees were today, sworn-in by His Excellency, the Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodimma at the New Exco Chambers.
Remarkably, the Governor has now upgraded the Bureau of Local Government Affairs to “Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs”, in order to complement on Government’s grassroots developmental programs.
His Excellency urged the newly appointed Honorable Commissioners to remain selfless in their service to the State and maintain the integrity upon which they were appointed.
The list of the Honorable Commissioners and their Ministries are:
- Prof. E.J.C Duru – Ministry of Environment
- Dr. Prosper Ohayagha Success Obinna – Ministry of Health
- Prof. Sylverster Ifunanya Okorondu – Ministry of Education
- Dr. Anthony Christian Mgbeahuruike – Ministry of Livestock
- Barr. Kezie Ogaziechi – Ministry of Lands
- Barr. Rex Anunobi – Ministry of Transport
- Lady Dr. Love Ineh – Ministry of Housing
- Hon. Mrs. Ruby Emele -Ministry of Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs
- Hon. Simon Ebegbulem – Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Chief Dr. Okey Anukwuem – Ministry of Special Duties
- Chief Ford Ozurumba – Ministry of Labour /Productivity
- Lady Ann Dozie – Ministry of Power/Water Resources
- Rt. Hon. Goodluck Opiah – Ministry of Petroleum
- Hon. Stanley C Obidiegwu – Ministry of Special Projects.
- Dr. Ugorji Okechukwu Ugorji – Ministry of Homeland Security / Vigilante Affairs
- Dr. Elias Emedom – Ministry of Mines / Solid Minerals
- Dr. Berth Okorochukwu – Ministry of Agriculture
- Hajia Rabbi Ibrahim – Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs
IMO CIVIL SERVANTS JUBILATE AS GOVERNOR HOPE UZODIMMA APPROVES 100% 13TH MONTH SALARY
For the third time in a series, His Excellency the Distinguished Senator Hope Uzodimma engaged in an interactive session with the Imo State Civil Servants today, at the Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu’s Square (RANKS) in appreciation of their dedication to duty and the productive output generated by their steadfastness to their responsibilities.
Governor Hope Uzodimma expressed acknowledgement of the critical roles played by the civil service in the success of any Government and his commitment to the welfare of the civil servants at all times.
His Excellency, went on to announce his approval of 100% 13th month salary to the civil servants effective this year and in the spirit of Christmas celebration, the Governor also approved the procurement and distribution of food items to every member of the civil service.
This announcement threw the gathered crowd into jubilation as they chorused “Onwa” in admiration of the Governor’s gesture.