Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodimma has received a high powered 6-man delegation from the Nigerian Navy led by Rear Admiral Odogwu Ezekobe, the Chief of Policy and Plans, on a familiarization visit to the Governor on the proposed Naval Base to be situated at Osse Moto, Oguta LGA.
According to Governor Uzodimma “the recent events in the State have proven the need to strengthen security in the state to protect our lands and maritime boundaries and curb the criminal activities of oil bunkers and unknown gunmen at the Imo State waterways which is not just a State issue but a National sabotage, hence the need for the partnership”.
The Governor in his statement assured them of every necessary co-operation from the Government of Imo State.
Speaking earlier, Rear Admiral Odogwu Ezekobe, disclosed that the partnership can be traced to the good relationship of Governor Hope Uzodimma and the Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Zubairu. Rear Admiral Ezekobe stated that protection of lives and properties of Ndi Imo which is paramount to the Administration of Senator Hope Uzodimma, will be a good way to seal the friendship.
The Governor and his August visitors from the Nigerian Navy inspected the facilities and the waterways at Oguta. The Governor also visited the moribund Oguta Motel and the Oguta Lake and paid homage to the traditional rulers of Osse Moto, Oguta LGA
Read Also: Imo Not Okorocha Owns Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe University, Ogboko
Imo State Government, has restated its legitimate ownership of Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe University, Ogboko, formerly known as Eastern Palm University, Ogboko.
This was contained in a press release to refute a claim by the former Governor Rochas Okorocha that his foundation owns the school.
Below is the press release:
RE: THERE IS NOTHING LIKE KINGSLEY OZUMBA MBADIWE UNIVERSITY, OGBOKO BUT EASTERN PALM UNIVERSITY & THE IMO GOVERNOR HAS NO RIGHT OVER IT
- ROCHAS OKOROCHA SHOULD FACE THE TRUTH AND QUIT THE UNNECESSARY ATTENTION SEEKING
Our attention has been drawn to a skewed press release credited to Sam Onwuemeodo, Media Aide to former Governor Rochas Okorocha, wherein he erroneously denied the knowledge of Imo State Government’s ownership of Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe University, Ogboko and held that the state government has no right over the institution.
Ordinarily we would have ignored Onwuemeodo as usual, since we appreciate his present psychological state of mind following the recent recovery of all that his paymaster Okorocha stole from the state and Imolites, but for the sake of undiscerning members of the public, we wish that rather than joining issues with him, he should be brought to speed of the knowledge he lacks about the ownership of Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe University, Ogboko.
(1) There is a University called Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe at Ogboko which is owned by the Imo State Government.
(2) Imo State Government through legal and statutory means has reclaimed the university which was hitherto coveted as a private property of Rochas Okorocha through Rochas Foundation.
(3) The university is the property of the State Government and enjoys the right to be renamed.
(4) We have documents showing that the acquisition of the land was done under the name of Imo State Government from the Ministry of Lands and not Rochas Foundation.(See attached copies of the documents)
(5) Rochas Okorocha and his cohorts have been causing problems in the school thereby endangering the lives of the students which necessitated its closure and now Gov. Hope Uzodimma has approved the resumption of activities in the university. The right he alone enjoys as the Governor and Visitor to the university.
(6) A person cannot be accused of encroaching into his/her property and so we advise Rochas Okorocha to steer clear and put an end to all his comical conspiracies.
(7) Whatever the State Government is doing, it is aimed at recovering all that was looted by the Okorocha’s administration and never an act of hate, vendetta nor envy but for the interest of Imolites.
(8) The court orders of forfeiture gotten by the Imo State Government against Okorocha and his family is to stop them from making use of government properties for their personal use and this has yielded positive results.
(9) It is obvious that Okorocha is indirectly asking the state government to withdraw its petitions from the EFCC and the court orders but we will not take him serious until he returns all that he stole from the state and apologize to Imo people.
(10) Contrary to the claim of lawlessness and intimidation in imo state, we want to state that Imo State has been peaceful with so many visible and verifiable developmental projects going on across the state unlike the china roads, elephants projects, uncompleted structures, etc littered all over the state by the Okorocha administration.
(11) The land where Kingsley Ozumba Mbadiwe University was built was acquired by the State Government and NOT Rochas Foundation since twenty years ago as it is a big lie from the bottomless pit of hell.
(12) Therefore, we call on the general public to disregard junk from Rochas Okorocha through Sam Onwuemeodo as the actions of the state government towards the university is backed up by law and has the right to direct its activities including resumption of academic activities and other related matters.
(13) It is interesting to note that other higher institutions of learning in the state have been enjoying the attention of the Governor through infrastructural development and soon will compete with their counterparts across the country.
(14) On the issue with the sealing off of the building housing Reach FM, the state government reserves its right to comment on the issue since the actions of its agency involved in the matter is within the purview of the law and until proven otherwise, we won’t join issues with Onwuemeodo.
(15) Contrary to his claims as contained in his mischievous and illconcieved press release, Governor Hope Uzodimma has surpassed his predecessors having spent less than 2 years in office and will continue to dwarf the intentions of his detractors.